Management of Portfolios (MoP®) is part of the Global Best Practice suite of publications, which helps organisations and individuals manage their projects, programmes and services consistently and effectively.
At the heart of any portfolio management approach is the need to identify the right programmes and projects to deliver an organisation’s strategy, and ensure that targeted benefits are achieved. MoP describes the principles and best-practices that will enable public and private sector organisations of all sizes to either introduce or re-energise portfolio management approaches.
All professionals with an interest in, or responsibility for, organisational strategy and delivering programmes and projects, will benefit from this comprehensive reference manual.
Organisations applying this guidance can expect to see real benefits in the short term.
- Describes portfolio management and how best to apply the approach.
- Shows how to get started and how to sustain progress.
- Demonstrates how to adapt the principles and practices through real-life examples.
- Leads to the efficient use of resources, better management of risk, and a greater return on investment.
- Helps improve efficiency and effectiveness even where portfolio management practices are well established.
This publication is the manual from which the syllabus and the examinations are set and supports the MoP qualification.