This handbook provides an introduction to the ITIL® service lifecycle model and an overview of the ITIL qualification structure. It contains a chapter on each of the components of the lifecycle: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
- Aligned with the ITIL 2011 publications and syllabus.
- Provides relevant information, and enough detail and breadth of coverage to enable students to study for their Foundation exam.
- Describes the key principles and practices of IT service management.
- References relevant sections of the core publications.
- Supersedes ITIL Version 3 Foundation Handbook (ISBN 9780113311972)
- Comes as a pack of 10, ideal for ITIL Foundation courses.
‘This updated publication builds upon the success of the previous edition that sold over 123,000 copies worldwide, ensuring that those studying for their Foundation Exam have an up-to-date study aid from the official publisher.’ Lucy de Best, ITIL Commissioning Editor.
Colin Rudd, Chair of itSMF UK and one of the co-authors of the revised ITIL Foundation Handbook, said ‘I’m delighted that the itSMF UK Publications Group have been a key part of this important project to bring the Handbook in line with ITIL 2011. The pocket guide is an essential companion for those completing the Foundation Course and is particularly popular with the training organisations that I talk to on a regular basis.’