This guide and COBIT® 5 recognise that information and related information technologies are pervasive in enterprises and that it is neither possible nor good practice to separate business and IT-related activities. The governance and management of enterprise IT should therefore be implemented as an integral part of enterprise governance, covering the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility.
This publication provides a good-practice approach for implementing governance of enterprise IT (GEIT) based on a continual improvement life cycle that should be tailored to suit the enterprise’s specific needs. It covers the following subjects:
- Positioning GEIT within an enterprise.
- Taking the first steps towards improving GEIT.
- Implementation challenges and success factors.
- Enabling GEIT-related organisational and behavioural change.
- Implementing continual improvement that includes change enablement and programme management.
- Using COBIT 5 and its components.