COBIT® 5 is the overarching business and management framework for governance and management of enterprise IT. This volume documents the five principles of COBIT 5 and defines the 7 supporting enablers that form the framework.
This evolutionary version incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems. COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT 4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including:
- ISACA’s Val IT™ and Risk IT™.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®).
- Related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes:
- Maintain high-quality information to support business decisions.
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level.
- Optimise the cost of IT services and technology.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.