PRINCE2® is firmly established as the world’s most practiced method for project management and is globally recognised for delivering successful projects.
The updated 2017 guidance, its first since 2009, places a strong emphasis on the scalability and flexibility of the method and on how best to tailor it to the complexity and specific requirements of a project.
The best practice represented by the PRINCE2 method is supported by a scheme that offers three levels of certification: Foundation, Practitioner and Professional.
The PRINCE2 method comprises of seven themes, principles, and processes and equips practi-tioners with the skills and knowledge to manage projects in a wide range of environments.
‘Time and again we hear that the only constant in the world is change, and PRINCE2 is evolving to respond to changes in business practice. At the same time, the key elements of PRINCE2 remain a constant: rooted in the realities of working life and as relevant as they ever were. The method’s strength, derives from decades of best practice in project management across diverse organisations and industries’ Peter Hepworth, Chief Executive Officer of AXELOS
Key Benefit Updates
- Increased emphasis on tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organisations and a varied range of project environments.
- Demonstrates a greater link between the themes and principles.
- Restructuring of the ‘Themes’ chapters to accommodate typical examples of tailoring.
- Provides increased guidance on the practical application of the method, with numerous examples, hint and tips.
- Improvements to the structure and format have been made throughout the manual to ensure it is easier to navigate and use.
- The updated guidance and exams has been developed through a collaborative approach involving over 100 members of the broader development team, including practitioners, trainers and consultants.
- PRINCE2’s familiar structure of seven principles, themes and processes have remained constant.
The 2nd impression of the 6th edition of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (2017) includes, in response to feedback on the 1st impression, a range of minor amendments to improve the overall quality of the guidance. None of these changes have any impact on the PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner examinations.
The Changes to the Guidance Include:
- Clearer application of terms ‘accountable’ and ‘responsible’ throughout.
- Amendment to the glossary definition of ‘quality assurance’ and related body text.
- Improved consistency between terms ‘project product(s)’ and ‘project’s product(s).
- Clarification of text relating to roles within Ops and Maintenance.