PMBOK® – Project Management Body of Knowledge
The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is a set of best practices and terminology for project management. The latest iteration of PMBOK is represented in The PMBOK Guide, Sixth Edition which was published in 2017.
The PMBOK Guide is recognised as a standard by both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Buy the PMBOK Guide, Sixth Edition.
Buy the Agile Practice Guide.
The PMBOK Guide details a set of processes for the effective management of projects. The approach taken in The PMBOK Guide is consistent with ISO 9001 and the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) CMMI.
The PMBOK Guide, Sixth Edition describes forty-seven processes that fall into five basic process groups and ten knowledge areas. The process groups are:
- Monitoring and Controlling.
The ten knowledge areas that contain all, or some of the processes are:
- Project Integration Management.
- Project Scope Management.
- Project Schedule Management.
- Project Cost Management.
- Project Quality Management.
- Project Resource Management.
- Project Communications Management.
- Project Risk Management.
- Project Procurement Management.
- Project Stakeholder Management.
Each one of the ten knowledge areas contains processes that need to be completed within its discipline in order for project management to be efficacious. All of the processes fall into one of the five process groups creating a matrix-like structure where every process can be related to one knowledge area and one process group.
There are eight levels of PMI accreditations available to individuals. They are:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)®.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®.
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®.
- Programme Management Professional (PgMP)®.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®.
To discuss your PMBOK requirements, please call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286, or email us at [email protected]