P3O® - Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O) is a methodology from AXELOS® for establishing, maintaining and developing a portfolio, programme and project office. It is universally applicable no matter the type or industry of the organisation.
To discuss your P3O requirements please call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286, or email us at [email protected].
Benefits of P3O
The benefits of P3O are as follows:
- Informed senior management decision making on factors including strategy, prioritisation, risk management and optimisation of resources in order to successfully deliver their business objectives (portfolio management).
- Identification and realisation of business outcomes and benefits via programmes.
- Successful delivery of project outputs that enable benefits within time, cost and quality restraints.
The P3O guidance provides:
- An Introduction to P3O’s – why, when and how to use P3O models including the difference between portfolio, programmes and project environments and their different requirements.
- Value of a P3O – shows the value P3Os can bring to the organisation including a business case, funding models and performance measures for establishing a P3O.
- Models – an overview of the different P3O models with examples.
- Functions and techniques – details on the functions/services and techniques/tools used by units of a P3O model.
AXELOS, the owners of P3O, run the qualification scheme through one Exam Institute, PeopleCert. There are currently two main levels of P3O certification. They are:
P3O Foundation Buy a P3O Foundation online course
Establishing, maintaining and developing a portfolio, programme and project office can be a difficult task. That’s where P3O comes in; but what if you haven’t got any P3O knowledge or experience? That’s where our highly knowledgeable consultants can help, no matter the size or type of P3O project.
To discuss your P3O requirements please call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286, or email us at [email protected]