ISO 9001:2015 is the International Standard for quality management. It details the requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organisations irrespective of size, type, industry or location can use ISO 9001.
Certification bodies give confirmation that an organisation’s QMS meets the requirements of the standard by undertaking an independent audit. There are over one million organisations around the world certified to ISO 9001.
The ISO 9000 series of standards, of which ISO 9001 is a member, are based on seven quality management principles. They are:
- QMP 1 – Customer focus.
- QMP 2 – Leadership.
- QMP 3 – Engagement of people.
- QMP 4 – Process approach.
- QMP 5 – Improvement.
- QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making.
- QMP 7 – Relationship management.
To discuss your ISO 9001 requirements, please call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISO 9001 Books
ISO 9001 Industry-Specific Guidance
The requirements in ISO 9001 are generic and can be employed by any organisation irrespective of their industry. However, several industry sectors have developed their own derivative interpretations of the ISO 9001 standard, they include:
- TickITplus – An interpretation of ISO 9001 for software development.
- AS9000 – an aerospace basic quality system standard.
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 – an automotive industry interpretation.
- TL 9000 – a quality management system standard for the telecommunications industry.
- ISO/IEC 90003:2014 – another interpretation of ISO 9001 for the software industry.
The benefits of ISO 9001
There are many benefits to implementing ISO 9001, but some of the most common are listed below:
- Competitive advantage over those organisations that are not certified.
- Improved quality and reliability of products.
- Increased profitability, productivity and efficiency.
- Aligned with other standards.
- Improved customer retention and acquisition.
- Lower costs.
ISO 9001 Consultancy
At ITSM Shop we recognise that implementing a quality management system can be a difficult task. That’s why we have a team of highly experienced consultants who can help you no matter the stage of your project.
To discuss your ISO 9001 requirements please call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286, or email us at email@example.com.