DevOps (short for development and operations) is a combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools with the aim of unifying software development and software operations in order to deliver software more frequently, while maintaining service stability and whilst driving innovation and delivering a return on investment. DevOps draws heavily on Agile and Lean approaches.
Benefits of DevOps
The benefits of DevOps are as follows:
- Faster development cycles.
- Improved collaboration and communication.
- Greater employee engagement making for happier and more productive teams.
- More stable operating environments.
- More time available to concentrate on improving quality.
- Quicker return on investment.
Reasons for DevOps adoption
The reasons for DevOps adoption are as follows:
- Increased use of Agile and other development processes and methods.
- Greater demand for more production releases.
- Wide use of virtual and cloud infrastructure – both internal and external.
- Growing use of data centre automation and continuous integration.
- Increased availability of best practice information.
- Growing use of test automation and continuous integration methods.
The DevOps Handbook – shows leaders how to create the cultural norms and the technical practices necessary to maximise organisational learning, increase employee satisfaction, and win in the marketplace using DevOps.
The Phoenix Project – in this novel three experts of the DevOps movement deliver a story that anyone who works in IT will recognise. You will not only learn how to improve your IT organisation, you will never view IT in the same way again.
Call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286 to discuss your DevOps requirements, or email email@example.com