Agile is a project management methodology that originated in the field of software engineering and that has had its application broadened into other sectors. One of the key characteristics of an Agile project are short development cycles that focus on incremental improvement in the development of a product or service. There are several different methodologies that are based on Agile principles, they include DevOps, Scrum and Lean. The twelve principles of Agile project management are:
- Customer satisfaction is always the highest priority; achieved through rapid and continuous delivery.
- Changing environments are embraced at any stage of the process to provide the customer with a competitive advantage.
- A product or service is delivered with higher frequency.
- Stakeholders and developers closely collaborate on a daily basis.
- All stakeholders and team members remain motivated for optimal project outcomes, while teams are provided with all the necessary tools and support and trusted to accomplish project goals.
- Face-to-face meetings are deemed to be the most efficient and effective format for project success.
- A final working product is the ultimate measure of success.
- Sustainable development is accomplished through Agile processes whereby development teams and stakeholders are able to maintain a constant and ongoing pace.
- Agility is enhanced through a continuous focus on technical excellence and proper design.
- Simplicity is an essential element.
- Self-organising teams are most likely to develop the best architectures, designs, and to meet requirements.
- Regular intervals are used by teams to improve efficiency through fine tuning behaviours.
Agile Project Management Quickstart Guide – the simplified beginner’s guide to Agile project management.
Scrum QuickStart Guide – learn about the Scrum Agile method using this easy-to-understand guide.
Agile project management qualifications
PMI-ACP® – gaining the PMI’s Agile Certified Practitioner qualification recognises your skill and knowledge of Agile principles and techniques.
PRINCE2 Agile® – this qualification is for those who need guidance on how to apply PRINCE2 in an Agile environment. Buy a PRINCE2 Agile e-learning package today.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – gaining the CSM qualification recognises your understanding of Scrum values, practices, and applications. It proves a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. Buy a Certified Scrum Master e-learning package today.
Call us on +44 (0) 3333 445 286 to discuss your Agile training needs, or email [email protected]